The FA National Game Referees Department in conjunction with Carlsberg, are pleased to announce the launch of The FA Carlsberg Referee Awards. Howard Webb, Select Group referee, Danny Mills ex England International player, together with two local referees, helped launch the awards to the press at Wembley Stadium on 5th October. The awards are designed to recognise and reward those volunteers such as referee mentors, coaches, tutors, assessors and not forgetting our referees, who do such a valuable job supporting football in the National Game.
There are six Award categories, including:
- Outstanding contribution to Refereeing
- Referee Award (18 – 25 years) for outstanding performance and contribution
- Women Referee Award for outstanding performance and contribution
- Outstanding contribution to Refereeing from a local partner league involved within the NRDP
- Outstanding contribution to Refereeing within a referee development setting (must be over 18 years of age)
- Outstanding contribution to Refereeing from Volunteers (mentors, tutors, coaches & assessors)
Anyone can nominate and be nominated. The Awards will culminate in a presentation event at a high profile game at Wembley in 2013”. Nominations open from November 5th at http://www.thefa.com/my-football/referee and are open until February 8th 2013.
For more details, contact Ray Brown, Referee Development Officer on 01208 262983 or email@example.com
Referee Development Officer, Cornwall FA
15 Callywith Gate
Bodmin, PL31 2RQ
Office: 01208 269010
Direct: 01208 262983
Mobile: 07846 270967