Thursday, 01 Aug 2013
Constitution Cup – Competition Rules
This competition shall be for all the teams of the clubs registered with the Coleraine & District Amateur Football League and participating in the Premier League.
- Rules 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 9a and 10 and 13 to 32 inclusive of the Premier League Rules shall apply in this competition.
- The competition shall be on a knock-out basis comprising the number of rounds necessary to produce a final of two teams. Teams shall be selected at random to play each other with the winner proceeding to the next round of the competition. There shall be byes in the initial round of the competition if necessary. The Management Committee shall determine the dates for each round and publish these in the Coleraine & District League Fixtures List.
- The Management Committee shall determine the venue and appoint linesmen for the final and semi-final matches. In the event of a clash of registered colours by the participants in the final or semi-final and failing a mutually agreed solution by the participants, the management Committee shall randomly select which team must change its colours.
- The matches shall be of 90mins duration, with 10 minutes each way extra time if tied after 90 mins. If tied after extra time there shall be kicks from the penalty spot to determine the winners. These kicks shall be conducted in accordance with the conditions laid down by the International Association Football Board.
- The kick-off time for matches played on a Saturday shall be 1.30pm. For matches played on other days the Management Committee shall decide kick-off time.
- No club or clubs shall have the power to postpone or break a fixture without consent of the Management Committee. Any club refusing or failing to fulfil a fixture on a date fixed by the Management Committee and without sufficient reason for doing so shall be eliminated from this competition. Any club which has already committed such an offence in other cup or league fixtures shall be eliminated automatically from all competitions under control of the Coleraine & District Amateur Football League.
- A player may not play for more than team in this competition. Players transferred after the start of the competition shall be ineligible if they have participated for their former team.
- In the event of weather postponing a tie on two occasions the “home” team shall forfeit ground advantage. Ground advantage will alternate between the teams if the postponements due to weather continue.